Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Di's list of unexpected treasures:

1: soccer matches: 3 australianuniversity guys using the vuvuzela as a beer bong. Best use for it I've seen this whole tournament!
2. Orphanage: meeting new kids Mandisa, Lele, Andile, and Lolo. The best was seeing Kwanele so much healthier than my last visit.
3. Safari: showering under the stars! Can't go go back to the mundane house enclosed shower. Quote from Jared today on safari seeing a group of elephants. There were two adolescent elephants playing with each other - just being loving and I said I thought that was sweet. Jared says, "auntie di, i came here to see the animals, not love"! The kid has had me in stitches this whole trip!

Don't want to come home but my boss (brian) is making me! Heading to durban tomorrow. It is becoming one of my favorite cities in the world.

Hope to post pics while in durban! Love, di

No comments:

Post a Comment